To train students to become naval architects capable of designing innovative naval and offshore platforms.
- Ship design
- Ship design loop
A comprehensive program
This is a 4-semester program comprising 3 academic semesters and one semester-long industrial or academic internship.
It covers all aspects of ship design: structural calculations, propulsion, hydrodynamics, stability, maneuverability, ergonomics…
The students are also made aware of the issues surrounding the ship of the future: safer, cleaner, more sustainable, economical and intelligent.
This program is or can be taught in English. All students may take their exams in English
At ENSTA Bretagne, all courses are taught either by permanent academic staff members or by specialized engineers working in the industry: Bureau Veritas, Naval Group, Chantiers de l'Atlantique, Saipem-Sofresid, Acergy, Principia, SBM, Azur Offshore, GTT, Subsea7...
ENSTA Bretagne also offers the Master in Marine Engineering, Surface Ships and Submarines. With this international French-Australian program, students can earn a double degree.
- Can work for a shipyard, a firm or as a freelancer
- In charge of ship design for the general contractor or the project owner
- In charge of all or part of the design phase of a shipbuilding project (new ship, repair or conversion)
- In charge of all or part of the design phase of an offshore project.
- Work coordination
- Ship repair yard project manager
- Handles the organization, procurement, quality assurance and deadline management on a shipyard or an offshore production site (building, repair or conversion).
- Designs subassemblies for shipbuilding projects (structure, propulsion, performance) with career development opportunities to quickly take on supervisory responsibilities.
- Designs subassemblies for offshore projects (structure, loading, production, operations) with career development opportunities to quickly take on supervisory responsibilities.
- Can work in shipyards or on offshore sites, in engineering firms, in technical centers or in test facilities.
- Within the R&D unit or a dedicated unit of a shipyard or an offshore operations business (designer, project or site operator), designs innovative systems that meet the anticipated market needs in a more or less distant future.
- Can work in technical centers or test facilities.
This Master program also offers a gateway to PhD studies.
- Pre-sales manager
- Client relations manager (invoicing, change orders…) for a given shipbuilding, ship conversion or ship repair project
- Project engineer for ship repair operations.
- Preparing and/or managing quality plans for shipbuilding companies.
- Conducting audits and providing consulting services for specialized firms
- Career development opportunities include independent firms.